Tuesday 19 February 2019

'Once Upon a Time in Canada' Chapter 70.

"I think I can make this work", I thought. I was on the edge of freezing to death. I didn’t know exactly how cold it was. But it wasn’t getting better or going away anytime soon, and that’s something I had to deal with. I didn’t have to wonder about when it’ll end. It was never going to. The cold is just freezing wind filling the night air; it’s kind of dangerous to vulnerable people. All I can think of, other than taking photos, is to get inside and have some food as soon as possible. I checked the time, and it was still a bit of time until the photography meetup group would rendezvous and head indoors.

I need to take as many photos as I can so that I didn’t have to go back outside to take it again. I use all the power my camera can muster in the cold to take photos (when I stop in front of places/objects I wanted to capture). If I end up with, at least, a hundred photos or so by the end of night, I should be more than fine. I would have enough to upload onto my blog and Instagram even if I only end up with a dozen or more photos by the end. That’s the best-case scenario. But really, it was kind of hard to tell how it would go at that point. It could all go to shit.

The more I leave the camera on, and power I use, the shorter the time I could have to take as many as I wanted. With the cold climate, I dedicated some of my attention on the camera to make sure it didn’t die on me in the middle of the shoot. So right now, at 3bars, I was perfectly fine, just as I had hoped. It’s okay to lose a little bit of battery power. I have plenty of time, but I can’t let myself get too carried away in the cold, and have the camera on for too long or I’ll be in trouble. At the very least, I need to take as many as I can and as fast as I can before I’m in trouble. If I can move around faster, I can manoeuvre from display to display without the camera failing on me. So I need to find a way to move faster through the crowd to the next display.































I can do that by moving as fast as possible after I’ve gotten the shots I wanted/needed. All I have to do is make sure I’ve gotten the shots first of all. Then I can move as fast as possible to the next display. The displays are close by to one another. They were just a few kilometres apart. So when I worked my way from one to another, I just needed to make my way and just take capture them as best and as many as I could. I wanted to move speedily to the next display, and in however much time and capacity I had. In the end, I did it, with still a lot of battery power to spare. After the shoot, we wrapped up for the night and made our way to the nearest pub, and had a nice warm meal in the nice, warm indoors. Thank God! Since I had spent much of my evening in the freezing cold, I was more than relieved to be in the warm indoors. I might as well enjoy with a nice, warm dinner and drink.

Also, see Chapters 69 and 71.

No comments:

Post a Comment