Thursday 17 January 2019

'Once Upon a Time in Canada' Chapter 65.

You may be wondering what else I do with my free time. I spend a lot of time sitting around watching movies. But so do you, so don’t judge. Also, attend any events that speak to my interests. The Toronto Fringe Festival was one such interest. Founded in 1989, the festival is an annual theatre festival featuring un-juried plays by either unknown or well-known artists, taking place in theatres throughout Toronto.

I have a ticket, thanks to my brother, to one of the plays that will be featured in the festival. People who know me don’t expect me to attend theatre productions or even musicals.

Lucky (the play I’m attending) was the play that caught my interest the most. So it seemed at first. But by the time the play ended and I exited the theatre, I was disappointed with the end result despite its best efforts. There were things about it that was enjoyable, but ultimately they weren’t enough to be spared from my disappointment. It especially had one thing going for it, and I swear it’s the one reason why you should go and see this play if you have the chance. For some of you, there was a great underlying theme that ran throughout the entire play.

In the end, it was about racial hierarchy, and how over decades of social change it has changed especially changed for the Caucasian populace. It’s much more interesting if you watch the play and contemplate these ideas yourself.

Between this and staying at home and not doing much on my lazy ass, I’d rather go and do something like this. I was disappointed, yes, but I don’t regret experiencing something like this. Anyway, got it out of the way and out of my system. Awesome.


Also, see Chapters 64 and 66.

No comments:

Post a Comment