Monday 21 January 2019

'Once Upon a Time in Canada' Chapter 66.

The worst part of the Anime Shogatsu trip was being outside in the freezing cold weather. Michael, Herwin and I had to trudge in a snowy environment that was showering with ice and chilled our entire bodies. Same as any other cold winter day. Seriously though, it sucked. It was twenty to thirty minutes of pure snowy hell.

We planned to attend Anime Shogatsu since early December last year, and I was excited to attend my first anime convention. I wanted attend one since I became obsessed with the otaku culture. And yes, being able to attend one got me very excited, considering it’ll be a great photography opportunity and the fact that I’ll be participating in a ramen-eating contest. So when the day finally came, I made sure that I was more than prepared for the trip; making sure that I got a good night sleep the night before. I also sacrificed my usual amount for breakfast, instead having very little food as possible. Before I participate in the contest, I made sure that my stomach was empty as possible.

Also, while making our way, we’d made sure to withdraw cash to purchase tickets at the door. The price was only twenty-five dollars. But if had I bought my tickets online, I would have saved five dollars. Unfortunately, with my busy schedule and my ‘impeccable’ timing, this didn’t come to pass.

For the convention itself, I immediately got out my camera. If I hadn’t, I would have missed a lot of great shots of the environment and action around me. When you arrive at a place like the one I did, you want to be ready with your camera and take shots from the very first minute you’re there.


































The convention was one hell of an event. I have never experienced anything like this, but I wish I had a lot earlier. When I was done, the event got me more than interested and willing for me to attend another one. But it’s goanna be a while until another event like it will come my way.

Also, see Chapters 65 and 67.

No comments:

Post a Comment