Friday 11 January 2019

'Once Upon a Time in Canada' Chapter 62.

I’m finally done with my job! The bright side now is that I can enjoy myself with some down time and do the things I’ve wanted to do for sometime, but could never do whilst I was busy with work. A lotof work. I haven’t always been successful in time management, so here the things I’ve got to catch up on:

Firstly, I have to complete 2018 diary entries, which I have been piling on ever since I’ve focused too much on working and hanging out with my friends. Okay, that may sound a little harsh, but with thirty entries that need to be written and published you’d understand why I said what I said.

Secondly, I have to attend events that my brother recommended that would help my blog stand out and be other than a film review and photography blog.

One hitch: I need to complete all of these things by the end of the month, and I need to go above eighty posts for 2018. Why couldn’t I be better at time management? Why couldn’t I have had a job that didn’t suck my soul and energy out every time I had a shift for that day? Fuck me!

First on the agenda was a hiking trip at Arrowhead Park with Michael. It was an interesting trip, to put it simply. If you count being freezing cold, being underprepared for a rigorous snowy hike, and getting injured as 'interesting', then it was with a capital I.

Getting through snow is difficult, but getting through it in regular footwear, not boots, is even harder. Basically, by the time it was over, my shoes, socks and feet were soaked and freezing. Why was I on this trip? How did this happen? Consider what would have happened if I had not gone on this trip or even what would have happened if I was much better informed. I would have had a much more enjoyable or relaxing day. The trip was fairly long and gruelling, for me. I had a not so enjoyable time for the entire duration. Now it’s all in the past and I can just write it all down.











































































Second on the agenda was a small Jazz ensemble performance held by the University of Toronto Music Department. It was underwhelming, to say the least, and to be honest. It consisted of listening and watching a performance in not the best venue with unimpressive acoustics. Watching the entire performance would have been a bit tedious for me. Basically, by the halfway mark, during the break, I left. Why was I here? I don’t know. The performance consisted of two pieces, both of which I can’t remember for the life in me, and jazz renditions of Franz Liszt’s Piano Concerto No. 2, and Brian Eno’s Baby’s on Fire.

But there’s still a lot to do. I’m kind of in a hurry; I’ve always taken things slow. Three or four events per month, now it’s three or four events per week. Plus, the 2018 and 2019 uncompleted posts on top of all that. I’ll try to do better now. Now that I have a bit more time on my hands. I’ll be more productive and diligent, and blog more.




Also, see Chapters 61 and 63.

No comments:

Post a Comment