Sunday 13 January 2019

'Once Upon a Time in Canada' Chapter 63.

I had gotten a couple of events out of the way. Remember my friends Belinda and Michael’s graduation? Well, the same place would serve as the venue for Ryerson Rams vs. Queen’s Gaels Women’s Hockey Game.

It started very quietly. I recorded from the very beginning. Then I took a break and just watched the game when nothing really happened. I watched quietly and tediously. Viewing the footage thus far, I decided which footage to keep and which to delete. The idea then was to see if I could edit the useful clips together. The footage saved was good enough for me to edit later.

Then I noticed that it started to pick up momentum as the women started to get more aggressive. But the Rams were behind, and I was nervously waiting for them to at least be tied with the Gaels. I couldn’t think of the fact that this was going to become another Hockey game, or game in general, where the home team would lose.

I recorded a bunch of times, but there were more footage of the Gaels scoring than the Rams, as well as a lot of slipping and crashing on the ice. I was getting pretty excited and entertained from there onwards.

Next came a time out when one of the Gaels rammed one of the Rams against the wall. Injuring her to the point where she needed to be carried out on a stretcher. It became very quiet, dead quiet. I wasn’t recording that moment. Then the game carried on and I, along with the entire crowd, continued to watch on.

It was intense! The tension was ever present, just as I had hoped. Even better, the footage I had recorded and collected was becoming better and better. I recorded for the rest of the game, and did not stop. The Rams, by this point, couldn’t quite keep up with the Gaels even though they had more points than what they started off with. In the end, the Gaels won. Not the end of the world. I already knew this was going to be the case. I packed up my staff and made my way home.


See my videos of the game here. Also, see Chapters 62 and 64.

No comments:

Post a Comment