Friday 14 July 2017

'Once Upon a Time in Canada' Chapter 5.


Yesterday was a stressful yet productive day. I was too tired to do anything today. So instead of going out far and explore untapped regions of the city, I just stayed at the bnb and just became lazy for the day. Just for the day in order to recharge my batteries. So I caught up with some personal stuff and had lunch and dinner from a sushi and Subway joint that were not more than a minute away from my bnb. They were actually across the street from my bnb. I know it’s lame. This was the laziest I have ever been when it came for food. Well… in the immortal words of Porky Pig: “That’s all folks!”

Over the past week, a lot of things had happened to me during my short time here. I pretty much got the necessary tools I need to have a basic foundation, a bank account for one. But still there’s still so much to see. So much. I don’t know how much more, but still some places to go and see. Besides all that, today was quite day in it of itself. Today’s major thing was extending my stay at the bnb. I figured out, after the incident with the apartment, that I wasn’t going to find a place of my own as soon as I had hoped and thus have to stay a while longer than expected. In addition, my parents had second thoughts about getting an apartment that soon. They were worried about the financial consequences involved, i.e. the rent, the deposit and the water and electricity bills. So they insisted that I stay at the bnb longer. That is until I find a job. So thus I spent about an hour trying to negotiate with my host to stay a while longer. My parents wanted me to talk to her about staying an extra two weeks, without paying, as much of the absorptive costs as I did online. I finally got her down to a reasonable price that excluded the Airbnb fee. That itself was the biggest accomplishment of the day, considering how difficult it was to agree to it. Even though I gained an advantage, I also gained a disadvantage. The advantage being, I didn’t have to find another place to settle into when the task of settling into my current bnb was not so easy. The disadvantage being that I had to stay a little while longer and tolerate the drama that was my bnb. Believe me, my bnb is no place of serenity. The place was still a mess and, of course, my host and her roommate were always having drama. Mostly because of the roommate’s volatile behaviour. Unless you were somewhere far away, you were at the mercy of their occasional arguments regarding issues ranging from rent to washing the dishes. So that’s my situation, I’ll just have to bear with it for another two weeks. Anyways, later on that day, I went back to the Distillery to enjoy a nice French cuisine. It was nice; I loved the décor and atmosphere of the restaurant. The food was nice too.







Also, see Chapters 4 and 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment