Wednesday 22 May 2019

'Once Upon a Time in Canada' Chapter 87.

There weren’t many people who can say that they were happy with the results of the game between the Toronto Blue Jays and Boston Red Sox, and I was one of them. I’ve wanted to go to a baseball game for my whole life, and to see a Toronto Blue Jays game since I landed here. It was nice when that opportunity finally came my way, in the form of the game between Toronto and Boston, in my last month here.


First thing I did was getting ready to make my way to Rogers Centre. Then came lining up in the long queue, for what felt like a long while, with a bag check at the end, and then finally entering the arena. I wasn’t completely taken in by the atmosphere, to be honest. It felt a tiny bit underwhelming, probably due to the amount of people that were there. Then I reached my seat and just settled down, waiting for the game to finally start. Which was thirty minutes away. Luckily, there was free Wi-Fi for me to watch videos in the meantime.

Finally, I was relieved to see the Blue Jays and the Red Sox making their way out to the field. The players took their place, and the game finally began. Three hours later, every Blue Jays fan and I learned that the game ended with a score of 12 (Boston Red Sox) to 2 (Toronto Blue Jays). Seriously?! Seriously, it was the worst baseball game I’ve, and I think every Blue Jays fan, has ever been to. What a shame. Then again, that’s been a problem that’s been plaguing the Blue Jays for some time now.

Also, see Chapters 86 and 88.

No comments:

Post a Comment