Tuesday 27 November 2018

'Once Upon a Time in Canada' Chapter 58.


I’m out of energy. No more energy at this point. So it took a little bit longer for me to get prepared for the Toronto Marlies vs. Cleveland Monsters Game after a long, hard day at work. One nice thing about going to a game like this is that I get to forget about work and just enjoy myself: access to pure fun. For some reason, the crowd atmosphere wasn’t as strong as the last hockey game. Don’t know why. Doesn’t really matter, I suppose. The important thing is that I’m here and I get to have fun for two hours or so.

I made my way through security, and then made my way to my seat. I was seated up right on the edge of the ground seatings, where I was protected by a thick sheet of Plexiglas. But this time, it was a better viewing than the last game. That’s great, but having said, I wanted to be seated a little further away, right up the balcony seats so that I can see the action from a distance. After about an hour, I decided to make my way to the bathroom and get a hot drink during the break, so that for the next round, I would be a little warmer and won’t miss anything.

Once I did that, I got back to my seat feeling much better, with my hot chocolate. The hot chocolate came a reliable establishment, Tim Hortons, and was nice and hot, as any good hot chocolate should be. So I’m ready to enjoy the second round, but I’m still not exactly happy with my seat. My brother arbitrarily picked my seat since he paid for my ticket, so I was trapped in my seat until the game was over. I spent during the entire game trying to enjoy the game without getting too upset when the players would hit glass when they got tackled. I’d get a little jumpy when that happened until it ended. It kind of took me out of the game which kind of pissed me off. After the first couple of crashes, it got a little bit better.

Like the last hockey game, the Toronto Marlies won. And the crowd went wild, of course. After cheering, I then made my way out and made my way home. I’m sure the next game I go to will be just as great, if not better, than this one. No plans thus far, but we’ll see.

See videos of the game here. Also, see Chapters 57 and 59.

No comments:

Post a Comment