Sunday 18 November 2018

'Once Upon a Time in Canada' Chapter 57.

Yesterday was boring. I somewhat knew that it wasn’t going to be like WWE wrestling, but I didn’t expect it to be this tedious and uneventful. My day nearly was almost wasted watching the entire show. If I had stayed for the entire thing, I would have fallen asleep right then and there. But luckily I didn’t, and I only stayed for half the show, as one would expect. Looks like I had attended my first worst sports event during my time here. It would have been more awesome if there had been more action, maybe even a little bit of suspense.

I got up a little late in the morning. Everything was fine. If only I had slept a little better the night before, a good night sleep had been evading me for some nights for sometime. It was a pretty sunny but cold morning. If there was to be a sunny but cold morning, this was it. I was freezing as I made my way to the Ryerson Gymnasium, and I was relieved to get inside as fast as possible.



























































I decided it was a good time to go to the bathroom, and getting the camera set up. I got out the camera and decided to use my 35 to 70mm lense. Like every other sports event, this, other than my 70 to 200mm lense, was the only lense to use. Then I made my way around and above the gymnasium to capture the best shots possible despite the underwhelming subject matter.

I’m out of energy. No more energy by the end of the day. So I had a heavy and long sleep after I’ve attended another university wrestling event and a York University theatre production. One nice thing about going to events such as these to have something to photograph and write about it, as well as get out of the house: a reason to not stay locked away. But for some reason, the crowd atmosphere for the York Wrestling event was a little bit better than the Ryerson Wrestling event. Don’t know why that is. Does it really matter? The important thing is that I’m here and I have something to do for the day.





























As for the theatre production, it was interesting play entitled Rochdale. The play examines Rochdale college, an experimental, student-run alternative education and co-operative living that opened in 1968 in downtown Toronto. As the largest co-op residence in North America, it provided space for eight-hundred-and-forty residents. It was also a free university where students and teachers would live together and share knowledge. The project ultimately failed when it could not cover its financing and neighbours complained that it had become a haven for drugs and crime. The play explores the legacy of Rochdale, in all of its compelling fictions and sometimes difficult truths.

















Also, see Chapters 56 and 58.

No comments:

Post a Comment