Tuesday 16 October 2018

'Once Upon a Time in Canada' Chapter 54.

How the hell does anybody get around in a mall?! It’s late during the day. After a quiet morning of my usual breakfast and relaxing, I got a call from Michael. I was meet up with him and Herwin at a Swap meat. Well, it’s not like I’ve got anything better to do for the day. Anyways, as you might have guessed, I made my way there. The trip was long. Today was going to be quite a day.

First, I got dressed and got my stuff before I made my way out the door. I needed to walk to Sheppard-Yonge station since I wasn’t willing to wait for the bus to arrive, since it was a Sunday. Why wait for a bus to arrive in North York on a Sunday when I could just walk to the nearest station, which was fifteen to twenty minutes away by foot? Michael is good at making plans in the last minute, or when you least expect it. I am not. The dangerous part of this, to a certain degree, is to be prepared and get to the destination by a certain time in a certain amount of time. And I usually manage to get prepared and get there in time in a certain amount of time, just barely though. After twenty minutes of walking, I got on the Line 1 Southbound train. 

It was so much harder and longer to get down to downtown or anywhere south. Again, I managed anyway. I spent of the trip down just power napping. Then I made it on to the bus, leaving me with only fifteen minutes or so to get the destination. It took a little while to get there, and I was only a few minutes late (hey, I could have been even more late). It, however, was of no concern as Michael and Herwin had yet to arrive. Typical. Of Michael, of course. Then I sat around and waited. I waited. All was boring. I watched people walking back and forth to somewhat entertain myself. After almost thirty minutes of waiting for Michael, Herwin arrived. I got up and we just strolled around, waiting for Michael to arrive now.

You know, Michael has been rather a little bit more irresponsible these days. But neither Herwin, Belinda, Lena, his mother nor I could really do about it. A typical Michael situation, what could we do? I don’t know. So long as he didn’t act completely and utterly irresponsible. Once Michael had finally arrived, Herwin and I, with Michael, made our way around and did what we usually do. Then we wrapped up after nearly an hour there. I was getting a wee bit tired and hot, because it was a sunny day.

The three of us then made our way out. Then Michael called Belinda to see what she was up to, and how she was feeling. We were worried since she had to deal with a rather not-so-pleasant situation with one of her tenants, because she was our friend. Her response was not an optimistic one. The plan thus was take Belinda out somewhere where she can have some fun and forget about her problem. The plan then became a day for us to go to Vaughn and spend some time at the shopping mall there. Just like any other trip to a mall, we, or at least I, would spend hours and hours there walking around. And just like other trips before, this was one was no exception.

Originally, we planned to stay there for only a few hours, with Belinda, as she would go from store to store looking for whatever she was looking for. But we stayed there for the entire evening. She didn’t seem to mind it. Michael didn’t seem it mind it. But I somewhat did. Largely due to the amount of time spent walking around, especially in circles. By the end, I ran into a problem: I couldn’t get out of the mall and find them while they were waiting for me at the bus stop. There was no way for me to get out and join them without walking around in a gigantic circle, finding the right exit. It’s a little scary for someone like me for doesn’t really going to places like a mall, especially ones teaming with people. But I finally found the way out and got on the bus with them, making our way back home. I’ve done more than enough today, don’t you think?

Also, see Chapters 53 and 55.

No comments:

Post a Comment