Tuesday 2 January 2018

'Once Upon a Time in Canada' Chapter 31.

You have to admit that I have done a good job. You have to agree with me on this one, I’m living in a nice apartment with good roommates, I’ve made a bunch of friends, and, most importantly, I’ve got a job. Not a great job, but a job nonetheless. And all by New Years Day 2018!

At first, after arriving in Toronto, I thought things weren’t going to work out, and I would have to pack up my bags and go home with my tail between my legs. But after six months of hard work and perseverance, luckily, that wasn’t the case. But I’ve still got a long way to go, so I’ve still got a lot of work to do.

But I believe that, for this year, I can do better. Even if it takes me months and months to get there. But it should all pay off, eventually. I have some time. Seventeen months to be exact. I guess I can’t slow down, nor can I take risky chances for what is essentially my one chance at a second chance.

But enough of that, I got to celebrate the New Year with a nice Korean BBQ dinner, at Korean Grill House on Queen Street, in the evening. After my mundane day of resting and grocery shopping, of course. I know what you’re asking, "Did you celebrate with friends?" Like I said before, they’re all away with their families. I wish they were here with me. Anyways, I guess all that matters is that I’ve made it to 2018.

Also, see Chapters 30 and 32.

No comments:

Post a Comment