Monday 27 July 2015

Disney Diary - Week 28 (Final).

Dear readers,

Today marks the end of my Disney Diary entries for terrible circumstances have occurred. As of today, Wednesday July 22nd 2015, I have been terminated from the Disney International Programs. I have had a meeting with Disney and Disney Housing and I have been informed that I have been let go and that I have to leave the United States of America in 48 hours. This is an order sanctioned by the U.S. Government. The reason for my termination and sudden departure is that an incident occurred at work and, at the end, I was found relieved of my job.

To my Disney Cast Members, I apologize without saying goodbye. But I have seemed to have overstayed my welcome here in Florida. I leave you this message on my Facebook. I leave now with a heavy heart and I would like to take this time to express my sincere gratitude and sorrows. Gratitude to you all for being a lovely and supportive group of friends during my adventure here. To express this even further, I'll quotes from one of my favorite novels of all time:

"I see... brilliant people rising from this abyss. I see the lives for which I lay down my life, peaceful, useful, prosperous and happy. I see that I hold a sanctuary in their hearts, and in the hearts of their descendants, generations hence. It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known."
I also express my Sorrows for the fact that I have let you all down and that I won't be seeing you for a while. Hopefully this won't be the case and that, in the not-so distant future, I will return to this amazing country and see you all again. To conclude my dear friends, I wish you all the best on your adventures, I will miss you all terribly and I bid you all farewell for now. Goodbye.

My dear readers, before I conclude this entry, I would like to share with my overall experience and thoughts. Regarding the events that have occurred today, I feel this quote sums it all up:

"Sometimes you have friends in a relationship. You love each of them dearly as individuals and think they're amazing people. When they talk to you about their troubles, you do everything you can to support them, to keep them together, because if you love them both so much doesn't it make sense they should love each other? But little by little you realize, at heart, they aren't meant to be together - not because there's anything wrong with either of them, but they just don't have personalities that mesh in a comfortable way. They don't make each other happy. Although it's sad to see them split, when they do, you're surprisingly relieved, and excited to see where their lives take them next. It's easy to try to make one party "right" and another party "wrong" when a breakup happens, but it often isn't that simple. Or perhaps it's even simpler than that - not everyone belongs in a relationship together. It doesn't mean they're not wonderful people."

And that's certainly true of my relationship with Disney. One of them isn't a person, but I think you get what I mean.

In addition, to those who are interested in taking on this internship from reading about my adventures here well... I only have a few pointers and advise I could give to you all:

1. It's going to be hard work and it's not for everybody. And I cannot stress that enough! By the time you'll get back, you'll be happy to come home and appreciate what you have. Because from what I have experienced and deduced, the workforce in the U.S. is no laughing matter. So if you have the guts and/or the balls then by all means go for it.



2. The living environment is not what Disney advertises. What they say to you in their presentations is nothing but a sugarcoated lie. They do it in order to lure people in. Florida, especially Orlando, is advertised as a hotspot in the U.S. But it is not exactly the best place for people to live in. So definitely do your research if you so decide to take on this adventure.

3. The final point - make the most of it. Despite the two previous tips, this internship is going to be full of surprises. And that's great for a young person, especially when they are on a journey of self-discovery. During my adventures here I've had highs and lows, and I'm grateful for both. Because the lows have helped me develop a thick skin and have helped me shape a better understanding of the world. The lessons I have learnt have made me a world-weary person. I'm also grateful for the highs for I have made great connections and friends. And there you'll experience the same thing.
So now I conclude this entry and let you decide whether or not to take a leap of faith and let yourselves decide whether or not Disney is the place for you. I trust you all will make the right decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment