Thursday 28 February 2019

'Once Upon a Time in Canada' Chapter 73.


I think I had the worst time at a sports game. Having travelled a long way through the God damn freezing cold, I didn’t have the greatest time like I would at any other sports game. Today I finally had the chance to go and see a football game between Toronto FC and CAI Panama, based on my brother’s suggestion. I was freezing my ass off and had to buy two cups of hot chocolate from the stadium food stand to keep myself from becoming an ice block. Compared to the other stadiums and games I’ve been to, this was the one that has put me off of attending football games set in an outdoor stadium for a long while. Thanks a lot, Leo!

The cold was particularly bad. It usually was during this time. But it was especially bad since a snowstorm hit the next day. If that was the case and if I had known, I would have just stayed home instead of agreeing to go to the game. I should have known. If that night was going to be that cold, I should have just stayed at home in bed and just watch whatever was on Netflix until 2am in the morning. Once the game had reached its end that left me in a terrible mood as not only did it end in a tie, but also I just wasted two hours sitting in the freezing cold to the point where I thought I was going to freeze to death. Again, thanks a lot, Leo!

If the game hadn’t ended the way it did, and if the night weren’t so God damn cold, I would have enjoyed it a lot more. As it is, turning out the way it did, I wasn’t the happiest person in that stadium. I made my way back home fuming with boiling anger to the point where I wanted to choke my brother the way Homer would choke Bart whenever Bart did or said something that pissed off Homer. I don’t know when I’ll end up going to another football game and/or back to that stadium again. But one thing’s for sure: I won’t be attending another game like that for a LONG while. The cold. That will definitely be the death of me if I stay here and don’t get used to the climate. If I don’t, I’ll definitely live a short life here. And I still have a lot to do while I’m here. Sheesh!

Also, see Chapters 72 and 74.

No comments:

Post a Comment