Saturday 23 February 2019

'Once Upon a Time in Canada' Chapter 72.

Almost everything never went as planned today. No moments without hiccups until the big event for the day. I can’t say exactly if the day turned out great or terrible, more or less it fundamentally turned out good. The ideal "good day" can only go so far. I had to come to peace with this thought as I left the live concert of Amadeus at the Sony Centre of Performing Arts.





Then, afterwards, I had a quick, late night dinner with Michael. It was rather late; I shouldn’t have eaten at that time of night. But I didn’t exactly have time before the concert, and, also, Michael owed me a meal. Also, have I mentioned that I have to do chores since I no longer live in my family home? If I were still back in New Zealand, I wouldn’t have to lift a finger to do much. Because most of the stuff would be done by either my mother and/or my father.

I bring it up because this what you’ll have to do when you’re living on your own, especially when you’re millions of miles away from your family. I had to take care of groceries, as well as cooking and cleaning when I woke up to start my day. But it was especially packed when I forgot to do groceries the day before and had other things to do on top of my chores. So I had quite the day before I had fun at the concert.

It’s probably less dramatic than what I make it out to be, come to think of it in retrospect. Who knows, maybe it was a tough day or maybe I just lack the will to implement organizational skills when it comes to simple personal errands. And if it ends up being the latter and I’ve truly lived rather sheltered, then I don’t how I’ve survived for this long.

Also, see Chapters 71 and 73.

No comments:

Post a Comment