Saturday 2 March 2019

'Once Upon a Time in Canada' Chapter 74.

Finally! I am FINALLY out of that God-forsaken bar! Today’s event was one hundred precent one of, if not the worst, networking events I’ve ever attended. No doubt in my mind. With the sad fact that it was a Film and TV industry, it made it even worse that what I could have ever imagined (assuming it was also going to a formal event held in a nice restaurant or hotel. Since it wasn’t, fuck my life!).

Starting from the next day onwards, I am never going to attend another networking event like that ever again, even if a friend like Fatima shows up. Count me out! I went to the event with Fatima due to not seeing her for a long while at that point, and the fact that we both want to get into the film industry. I’m the aspiring writer/director, while she is the aspiring actress/ingénue. Mind you, it wasn’t a total disaster. 

We were well having a hell of a reunion, and we ended up going to a nearby pub to catch up privately. Firkin on Bloor was closest one we could find at that time of night, and if my memories serve me well, we had a good meal and had fun like we did at the Cheesecake Factory at Yorkdale mall. Accounting for the dinner and private catch up at the end of the night, I should have had anything but a disaster. Not the worst night after all, really. The end ended up saving it from us having the worst time of our lives. I still think that it was worst networking event I’ve been to thus far.

Also, see Chapters 73 and 75.

No comments:

Post a Comment