Monday 7 May 2018

'Once Upon a Time in Canada' Chapter 39.

Same old shit, different day at work. It’s Day eighty-one today (I’ve gone way past the three-month trial period at this point). I’m nearly there. This is getting really old and soul-crushing. But at least I’ll be having a fun time at my friend Cody’s birthday party. Awesome.

Anyways, I was having fun at the party. I guess that’s a good thing, nothing’s wrong with a little partying. So long there’s nothing too crazy going on, and if the physical and psychological labour of work is taking a toll on you. It’s good to unwind and let loose a little. It’s times like these that I miss having fun and letting myself loose a little. There was a lot of food and presents going around. No point was there not a single dish or gift wrapped item being passed around or to Cody. Having something to do, I interacted with various people, including Herwin and Michael, who attended the party. Amazingly, the people there came from all backgrounds and walks of life. The attendees were true and unique individuals who, sadly I’ve not seen since. It was pretty impressive, when you consider the type of person Cody is.

Our next stop was the Rec Room, the place in front of my workplace of all places, leaving me with a couple of other people to dip out. With the fact that I had work the next morning, I couldn’t really stay anyway. Life is both amazingly bittersweet. Oh well… nothing much we can do about that. Most of the time, we just have to go with the flow.

Also, see Chapters 38 and 40.

No comments:

Post a Comment