Tuesday 22 May 2018

'Once Upon a Time in Canada' Chapter 40.

I’m amped up. I’m amped up big-time. There’s another photography meetup today. I had a fun time that might stick with me. I started my day around 10am, same as always; I got into the shower and got my breakfast from Tim Hortons. It’s a nice breakfast once in a while, like I did today. After finishing my breakfast and washing the dishes, (hey, I can’t just leave it in the sink), I got on with whatever I had to do. It was the same as yesterday and the day before. It’s either work, blog and/or watch a movie, or two. Repeating the routine day-by-day until bedtime.

At 12, I got started with blogging. Back in the writing zone, which I enjoy and wrote for some couple of hours (I honestly can’t remember, I don’t keep track). Then I took a break for the day. At 4 my time to head out had finally come, I almost didn’t realize at the time. The worst moments in life are heralded by small errors. For example, the time you thought it was one thing is no longer the case. Coming to the realization that you might be late for whatever it is you have planned sucks. Anytime you do realize, it’s “oh shit!” For me, it was when I got too relaxed with my break, and looked at the time when it reached past 4. Only twenty minutes earlier, it would have been ok. I would even be a bit late. But I wasn’t too worried. Worst-case scenario; I would only be a couple of minutes late, and the group waits for about ten minutes. But when I got on the subway, and then bus, it was busy. The traffic wouldn’t even budge an inch. The amount of people on the subway and the amount of cars on the road meant it was that time of day. A quick glance through the window showed the traffic is during rush hour. So there was no real solutions or problems. I checked my phone, and sure enough, there was still some time left, not a lot of course. I guess the worrying was a little too much. No big deal. I got there just a couple of minutes past 6 and got to Edward Gardens. The location seemed great and I was ready for the photo-shoot.

Now, the subject of today’s meetup is a botanical garden located on the southwest corner of Leslie Street and Lawrence Avenue East. It is also the site of the Toronto Botanical Garden, a private not-for profit organization. It is a former estate garden that features annuals, roses and wildflowers. The garden is one of several parks located along Toronto’s ravines, many of which are connected to the shores of Lake Ontario. The park’s manicured lawns and flowerbeds make it a popular destination for parties and events, especially weddings.



























All that stuff whilst getting there doesn’t like a big deal, right? I certainly didn’t think so after I got there. I finished my day at 9 after two hours of shooting and dinner at Leaside Pub. Better than yesterday, But I had some trouble in all honesty.

Also, see Chapters 39 and 41.

No comments:

Post a Comment