Thursday 24 May 2018

'Once Upon a Time in Canada' Chapter 41.

Sigh… Just once I’d like something to go as planned, you know? Life keeps trying to screw me over. Well… life hasn’t always been fair. So I’ll amend that: I think life is trying to screw me over. Okay, enough self-pity. I’m not doomed. Things will never always go according to plan. All I have to do is just go with the flow and just hope for the best, sometimes. And I’ve still got a long way to go.

I worked my ass off the day before doing the SAME OLD S***, dealing with the SAME OLD SHITTY GUESTS. If I can’t have a good day at work, I’ll try to have a good day on my day off. But even on my days off, I’m vulnerable to have something go off the rails. For the time being, I’ve done all the chores I needed to do without any problems whatsoever. I didn’t anything unexpected or extra to happen without warning. I’m not exactly receptive to any kind of surprises, especially shitty ones at the worst of times, but that’s not entirely up to me. As I mentioned, things will never always go according to plan. I thus work around these bumps on the road. That works sometimes. I need it to.












Problem is, that kind of stuff happens when I least expect it most of the time. The evening, luckily, didn’t have any problems that interfere with the photo shoot of the fireworks. Well… that’s according to the photos I took.

See what I mean? All told, there were a lot of fireworks; most of them were really loud and pretty. There were short but explosive. The biggest and loudest one was saved for last. I had my camera ready to capture the moment. In the end, I didn’t as much as I would love to. But that’s okay, the small amount of shots were spectacular. That’s what happens on a photo shoot (even a film shoot). There I was reminded of that very important life lesson.

Also, see Chapters 40 and 42.

No comments:

Post a Comment