Friday 10 August 2018

'Once Upon a Time in Canada' Chapter 47.

I am frowning a great frown. The frown of a man who has been fucked at work so many times that it is surprising that he hasn’t snapped yet. I spent yesterday working my ass off to serve customers who are the most stuck-up and inconsiderate bunch I have ever encountered since I worked at Disney. I am pretty damn pissed off about it, too. The more crap I had to deal with at work, the more anger and resentment there is in me, and the less I have, the better off I am. Unfortunately, quitting is not exactly an option for me at this point. So the least I can do is have some fun to minimize the pain. Luckily, it was Wednesday! Why is that important?

Firstly: the gang, consisting of Michael, Herwin, Cody, and Duncan, would hang out at The Pint for some chicken wings and drinks.

Secondly: thanks to Michael, we’ve all got Student Passes for The Pint, which means whatever drink we order, we would get wings for free. Well, that’s for the first batch. The subsequent batches will not be for free. I know, it’s sad. As for drinks, so long as it’s not water, anything will count. For the wings, there are a variety of flavours and sauces to choose from.

I then made my way to The Pint when the time came. The time to get there from my apartment takes ten minutes… unfortunately in this heat. It’ll be a not-so easy walk (depending on how much you like the heat), and in my case, it wasn’t. It was hell. However, it was nothing compared to early afternoon. It was just starting to cool down, but it wasn’t cooling down enough or fast enough. My body started to sweat as soon as I got out of my apartment building. It was typical whenever I went out.

The gang and I met up at the front, and thus made our way in. They’re all tired and hungry from work or whatever they were up to. Over the course of time we spent there, we just talked, ate and drank. Making ourselves, especially myself, happier with the fun conversation we were having. Yeah, it’s all what you’d expect, especially from guys such as ourselves. But, at least, we were having a blast, and that’s all that matters. I had a batch of Szechuan-flavoured wings with ginger beer. As long as it was eatable and tolerable, I couldn’t really care what it was. The hang out lasted from the early evening to late night.

With the time at The Pint coming to an end, we collected the bill and made our way out. Afterwards, we would just around, jumping from one place to another; until slowly one-by-one each of us would make our way back home. This may seem a little bit boring, but in fact, it wasn’t. Well, for me, at least. For once I could actually do something other than be a homebody. I was able to have a social life with social obligations. For almost everyday in a week.

Also, see Chapters 46 and 48.

No comments:

Post a Comment