Saturday 7 July 2018

'Once Upon a Time in Canada' Chapter 46.

Hot night last night. The workload still isn’t getting any better, so I had to eat and relax for the night quick. I did manage to have some time to breath as soon as I got home, but not too long after I got the usual call from Michael to hang out with him. Just getting home without anything to eat, I agreed to go out on another one of his adventures, on the condition that we get food first.

But finding a place to eat took a little while. I was getting ‘hangry’ by this point, and Michael could sense from not even a meter away, so decided to think of an idea quick. Then he did. He called up our friend Belinda to see what she was up to for the night, and, it turns out, she wasn’t doing much and that we could come over for a little while. But we really needed to grab food first. Since we were heading towards Belinda’s place, ultimately, we decided to grab some burgers, fries and root beer from A&W. For Michael, it was the best place to go. At this point, it was the same for me.

I just had a regular burger with onion rings and a root beer to save myself from further stomach grumbling and starvation. It wasn’t the best thing I’ve had, but it was filling enough to do the trick. Eating down that burger with those onion rings and root beer was certainly better than eating McDonalds, Wendy’s or Burger King. I will say that.

I needed some time to eat and digest the food before we made our way to Belinda’s. Based on previous experience, eating North American fast food, eating and shoving it down my throat doesn’t exactly paint a pretty picture afterwards. I was worried it would cause me a problem or two, but it ended up find, luckily.

After finishing up, we finally made our way to Belinda’s. Her house was less than five minutes away by foot. The A&W was located on the corner of Church and Broadview, where as she was on Dundas and Broadview. So… no biggie. After we made it to the front door, we spent our time with Belinda. Catching up with each other’s lives, you know, the typical stuff. After some time talking for most of the night, we wrapped it up and made our way home. No reason to stay longer as both Belinda and I had work the next morning.

Also, see Chapters 45 and 47.

No comments:

Post a Comment