Sunday 12 August 2018

'Once Upon a Time in Canada' Chapter 48.

I’m finally going to an event in a long while! The sad part was that I was still tired from work the day yesterday, and I was still hungry even though I had a decently sized brunch. Everything was just fine. I was excited. I haven’t been to an event like this in a while, and I haven’t been down to Exhibition Place.

First I had to meet up with Michael at his place. Then I had to withdraw money, as debit and/or credit cards were not accepted, only cash. Okay, off we go! Then we walked all the way to Exhibition Place in the typical Toronto heat. After than short but exhausting walk, we made it and caught up with the rest of the gang, consisting of Herwin, David, Kimmie, and Lena. The event itself was the Asian Food Festival, and it was PACKED. Problem: given the fact that there were that many people there, getting food was going to be a bitch, and lining up for food wasn’t going to be a walk in the park. But why complain about the kind of stuff I’m talking about? The clock was ticking, my stomach is grumbling, and the people are not going away any time soon. So… get in line! It did take a while to get some food. Getting food was no picnic, waiting-wise and money-wise. I wished it were a little bit cheaper. But when I got my hungry hands on them, it was worth it.











Especially the roasted Pork with rice. And I mean roasted pork; I mean a dead pig being roasted on a rotating cooker over a large roaring fire. The kind of cooking method found in a rural village or island nation. Why did I have to try this? Already asking that kind of question is stupid in of itself. The real question you should be asking is ‘why not?’ Consider the taste and flavour of the meat being cooked with that particular method. They’d have to have more than the Canadian army to stop me from getting my hungry hands on it. The meal itself was decently portioned. I fell in love with it when I made my first bite.

From that moment on, all I ever wanted for food was only that. But it didn’t last very long. I wasn’t too sad. At least, I got to try it before it was all gone. Plus, there were still other things to try out. But, by that point, I couldn’t afford to buy much. If I get another opportunity to go, I’ll have to try it again.




























Once I finished with food, the gang and I made our way around, looking around. We concluded our night with the game area. We made our way there when we finished looking around. We spent our time from then onwards playing every game there. During that time, Michael meanwhile was trying out vaping as the employees there were selling vapes and the types of flavours of vapes. Then we finally made it to the last game – the punching bag, and spent the last two hours or so taking turns to see who can punch the hardest and get the highest score. I couldn’t get higher than the rest of the guys, who were a lot more buff than I am. I tried a bunch of times, but of course, no luck and my arm was just getting more and more sore. Getting tired, I made my way home, and just crashed to sleep as soon as I got home.

Also, see Chapters 47 and 49.

No comments:

Post a Comment