Monday 8 April 2019

'Once Upon a Time in Canada' Chapter 81.

When I woke up this morning, my phone rang and it was from Sporting Life regarding a job application I made a while back. They wanted to have an interview with me. So that was a good start. The phone call was kind of unexpected. I only had a day or two, at this point, until the interview. I needed to get completely prepared for this. That required me to get some stuff all ready to go.

The first step was to go down the street to Queen Street to get some documents ready. Then came back up and cross the street from my place to get a haircut. Oh thank God! It was about time that I got a haircut, with the fact that it has been months since the last one. I decided this was the best time since I needed to look good for the interview, and not look like Shaggy from Scooby Doo. Basically, I just needed to have a neat, short haircut. I can make myself look good with this kind of hairdo. But if I did the interview without looking my best, I can definitely tell you that the interview would probably go down hill. So I needed to get a haircut. I needed to look the best I can for it. So I got my haircut. A haircut that only cost me ten dollars, but I nonetheless got it.

I then crossed the street back to my place and then hopped into the shower, having a thorough wash. As I had hoped, the haircut went nicely and my new hairdo is neat and short. From there, it all came down to do one more thing. But before I could get to that, I was to meet up with Herwin, and it was Wings Wednesday. After two or three hours, I came back home and then I sat down for a moment. Whilst I was preparing for the interview, I was kind of dumbstruck that I finally was getting an interview with Belinda’s old workplace.

And now, the day has finally come, and I’m in my suit and with my bag waiting in the Sporting Life reception area on the sixth floor. But I needed now was to be myself, answer the questions as best and as honestly as I could, and ask all the questions I wanted to ask. But for now, it’s early and I needed to wait until the managers were ready. I spent that time going over what I could say. It may not have been the things that were ultimately said, but I went over it in my head just in case. The interview could still go in any direction. I’d rather be prepared than be not prepared at all. And the time had finally come. Wish me luck.

Also, see Chapters 80 and 82.

No comments:

Post a Comment