Wednesday 13 June 2018

'Once Upon a Time in Canada' Chapter 43.

I had quite the night tonight. Michael needed me to join him on one of his occasional trips to one of his favourite spots in the entire city: the Water Tower. On the way, we got some stuff for the trip. This time round, we had a little bit more than usual, and two additional people, Duncan and Herwin, accompanied us. We all were exhausted from the usual day of work, or whatever Michael was up to, and made our way for a chill night. Simple enough.

The Water Tower has always been the favourite hotspot for not only Michael but for a lot of people going through Exhibition Place (even though there are a couple of other suitable places). So we rendezvoused, made our way through Exhibition Place, and made our up the hill and up the tower. We first had to get through the locked doors before we could sit down and relax at the top. It was the easiest thing of course; we just had to pick the lock. That’s all. My nervousness was just as equal as my excitement. We would probably had a difficult time if we had cut the lock off the door, that would required an electric saw, and there would have been a lot of sparks flying. Plus, we would have been mostly attracted a lot of attention. Then again, other people have done worse then what we did, and would have probably been caught.

Half the time, by the time we finally got to the top, we were just taking in the amazing panoramic view of the city and Lake Ontario. At the same time, I was taking as many photos I could whilst enjoying the view myself. After that, we got out the snacks and drinks, sat down, and talked about what anyone would talk about in that situation – life. We all got involved in that conversation. Then, with the food and drinks running out, the night had to come to an end.





















With the blistering heat, it wasn’t exactly a cool time when we were leaving and going down without attracting attention. But, luckily, we didn’t break that much of a sweat when we made our way out. The exit was an exciting one, well… for me at least. But there was a security guard or two patrolling the area. We had only a couple of minutes to make it out “alive.” That was close, with one of the guards almost spotting us with his torch. But, like I said, it was a close one. I don’t know if I want to do this all the time. Once in a while, I can tolerate this kind of thing and let loose a little. After hard days at work, I need to let myself loose, break or bend the rules a bit, and let myself go a bit. To quote a famous character: "Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." Anyways, that enough of that, and I’ve had quite a night. I just went home and went straight to the sack. Got to get some sleep.

Also, see Chapters 42 and 44.

No comments:

Post a Comment