Thursday 20 July 2017

'Once Upon a Time in Canada' Chapter 8.

Well, I may not have delivered with my last entry, but this one will definitely be something. First thing on my agenda today was explore Korea Town. The Journey to get to my location was not as easy as I thought it would be. But when I made it, it met my expectations and I felt a little more at home for the first time during my time here. During my time there, I spent most of it peeping into Korean bookstores, vinyl stores and restaurants. I imagined that both of my parents would most likely be fond of the place.



















Next, I ventured off to Little Italy, which took a little while for me to find since I was kind of lost. When I finally made it, I was just as impressed as I was with Korea Town. And Like Korea Town, I also spent time looking into bookstores, vinyl stores, restaurants, as well as comic book stores. You’re probably wondering, out of all the things to explore in both these areas, why I spend looking into these places? Well… that’s because I’m a nerd. Don’t judge me.













I then marched on to Kensington Market. Unlike the two previous areas, I was not so impressed with Kensington Market. It was very alternative indeed but it wasn’t as lively as I thought it would be. Well, it wasn’t until much much later that my host informed me that I was there at the wrong time. If I had gone at the right time, it would have met my expectations.




Meanwhile I was there, I stumbled upon Chinatown. Which I wasn’t supposed to explore until the next day. But since I was there, what the hell, might as well. Chinatown, from my point of view, was pretty much Korea Town, just ten times bigger. It was pretty much the whole of China crammed into a small amount of land. It reminds you of the images of urban Chinese environments you would find on Google Images or books. Heck, it even kind of looked like Blade Runner, just without the rain and futuristic look. Nonetheless, it was just as bustling and exotic. During my time there, I had entered an Anime / Otaku store and I had dinner at R&D – a Chinese Canadian fusion restaurant. It came, as a recommendation by my friend Adrian whom I had asked where was the best place I could have Chinese food. R&D was on the top of the list. Thus I had an enjoyable meal there. By the end of the day, I made my way back to the train station from which I first arrived. But before I returned home, I thought I’d have a nice treat of Baskin Robbins ice cream. I hadn’t tried Baskin Robbins since I was ten years old during my holiday trip to South Korea. I had to have one since I wanted to have one for the last twelve years, and I was hot and had sweated like a stuffed pig. The ice cream made it worth my while and was nice cap-off to an otherwise long day of exploring.










Also, see Chapters 7 and 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment