Monday 15 April 2019

'Once Upon a Time in Canada' Chapter 82.

I started the day with some decent breakfast. My breakfast is easy to make. First I put the toast in the toaster, and then I cook three strips of bacon, and then cook two eggs and two slices of tomato with the bacon grease. I’ve been having this kind of breakfast ever since I moved to this country. The less complicated the breakfast the better. Keep it simple.

I then ventured out for the day for another photography meetup. Not something I want to miss out on. It’s a pretty interesting one today; then again, almost every meetup is. The first thing I did was to search up directions to the location. Without a less complicated method of transit, it took a little longer than expected. The trip itself took almost an hour – why?! With not a single cloud in sight, the day was sunny to the point where I had to wear my sunglasses for the entire time. And thus it was the perfect excuse to make my way inside Junction House and get with shooting the exhibition inside. But remembering, the exhibition inside wasn’t exactly cool inside since the exhibition was filled with neon lights curated by Neon Demon Studios. So the heat didn’t go away for me. Eventually, it went out of my mind as I was focusing on shooting the neon pieces. If you’re curious, the room was at a warm temperature. I did the entire room and shot every single piece, and I’m happy to report that the photos came out perfectly.
























The shoot at Junction House ended rather earlier than I had expected, which ultimately was no surprise. It had become rather crowded by this point. The group then gathered in the lobby and were waiting for the rest of the people to wrap up. I sat down at one of the tables waiting. Remember, I stood for the entire time since I got off the bus and needed to rest since I was done. But all things considered, it was rather boring waiting. The group were waiting and talking to each other as usual, and we were starting to get hungry at this point. The one remaining thing to do next is to find a place and grab some fuel. It was not too far from Junction House that we finally had some drinks and food before we went into full force to another meetup on the same day. But as I suspected, the location was to be somewhere far from where we were. Not only that, there weren’t a lot of cars to transport everybody to the next location. So once we had finished eating, we had to immediately reserve our spots in one of the cars. So I immediately leaped the chance and got my spot. All told, that was a bit of a scary thought. But I luckily got my spot in one of the cars.

What if I hadn’t gotten my spot? I wouldn’t know what I could have done. But I was lucky. Next time I don’t know how I might turn out. I need to be ready as much as possible for these kinds of situations. At least I was in Toronto, Canada of all places, and not somewhere in the United States. Once I’m in a place like the U.S., then I can’t really count on anybody to guide and transport me around a landscape or terrain that I’m not used to. If I could have anything in these kinds of situation, if it ever came down to it, it would definitely be a smart phone, always.











It’s been a long time since I’ve photographed sunsets. Just saying. Anyways, we made our way to Polson Pier and shot the sunset before it went out at 8pm and become blue hour. I didn’t take a lot of shots. Believe me, even now thinking about in retrospect, there wasn’t much to shoot. Anyway, I and others in the group wrapped after a few shots and separately made our way home. Up till now, I’ve been out with the meetup group for pretty much almost the entire day. So when I finally made it back home, I was tired and exhausted. So I can take my time editing and uploading the photos. I’ll do it tomorrow. I’m already in bed after a nice, cool shower.

Also, see Chapters 81 and 83.

No comments:

Post a Comment