Monday 11 March 2019

'Once Upon a Time in Canada' Chapter 76.

I needed to put some more thought into the shots during the photo meetup at Woodbine Beach. Right at that moment, I could only get shots of the waves crashing against the frozen sands when I could get close enough without getting completely drenched. During the entire meetup, because there weren’t much of the Winter Stations art installations, I spent most of the time taking shots of the beach itself rather than the installations. But once I get the installations out of the way, I won’t have much to shoot. Each installation was simple and photogenic enough as they appeared (I regardless had a tricky time trying to capture the best shots since they were too many people in the way, other than the members of the meetup), so it was best that I divert my attention and efforts elsewhere.

Holy crap. I felt the cold waves dunked on my body when it crashed against the frozen sands, and the cold, icy surface pressing against my body as I lay on my stomach as I tried to capture entire beach and waves from a high angle. No big deal. I was having fun experimenting and being adventurous. Yeah! Anyways, I didn’t have much time before we would call it a day. They’re pretty firm on that, especially when it’s freezing cold as it was today. So it wasn’t like anybody, especially I could take all the time in the world to do whatever it was we were doing at the particular moment.

But I took my time with my shots. I didn’t even look at my phone or check the time. The shots mostly involved waves crashing against the icy rocks or the high angle panoramic shots of the beach during twilight, all from a frozen, rocky hilltop. Remember, I could only get the shots I wanted laying down on my stomach on this hilltop, which was no easy or joyful task for shots like these. It’d be bullshit if I had lied and said it was a breeze.









































Unfortunately, as I focused and took my time, it never occurred to me until the last minute that the group had called it a day. The time I realized this, I packed up my stuff and made my way to find the group, then caught up with them as they were making their way to Murphy’s Law Pub. Then we had nice, warm drinks and food to recover from the cold.

Also, see Chapters 75 and 77.

No comments:

Post a Comment