Sunday 23 September 2018

'Once Upon a Time in Canada' Chapter 53.

I started the day with work, of course. I made my way home, washed up and cooled down. I then made my back down for my first NHL game! My first order of business is to grab some food before the game. I needed to recharge my batteries from an early and long shift at work. Of course, it was hell. But this time round would be "the same old shit, different day", and it might as well be.

The main problem was the usual deal of dealing with shitty tourists treating my co-workers and I like trash. This time, it was particularly shitty. I was drained by the time my shift was over, and was glad when I made my way out. The rest of the day was just enjoying the rest of the day.

Then I made my way to Scotiabank Arena after I had my early dinner. The arena, outside and inside, was teaming with people and was jam-packed. One at a time, the people in line, including myself, was passing through security. I got through with no hassle. Last time I was at a sports game was the NZIHL Preseason game between Botany Swarms and the West Auckland Admirals, back in May 2017. Huh… in this case, it’s rather fitting to mention. The inside of the arena was impressive. And I mean it. But I couldn’t exactly take photos the way I wanted due to being packed with people. It was time to make my way to my seat.


I waited in eager anticipation for the game to start, and then I watched the entire time as the game unfolded. To make things even better, the Maple Leafs won! I’m not the biggest sports fan, but at that moment, I couldn’t have been happier to be there and witness a victory for the home team. No, it was nothing like I’ve ever been to. It’s just something so amazing to be a part of. It’ll be something I want to be a part of for the rest of my time here.




Also, see Chapters 52 and 54.

No comments:

Post a Comment