Monday 3 September 2018

'Once Upon a Time in Canada' Chapter 51.

The worst part about working is when you have to move whilst you’re working. I had lived at Dan Leckie Way for a year and now that my lease had come to an end, it was time that I moved. Goddamn! Seriously though, it sucked. It was a two-day plan to move all of my stuff to the new place. I planned to move all of the stuff out before I moved in on September 1st(or even August 31st), and I swear to God I’ll rip my own hair out if I have to move again like the way I did for the new place.

I needed a new place in a new environment that was away from the hustle-and-bustle of downtown Toronto. And yes, I found that new place in Willowdale Avenue, between Sheppard-Yonge and Finch in North York. I needed some peace and quiet, not cars honking and other loud, annoying noises, even if I was back in a suburban environment. So when the time drew near, I started making plans and arrangements. Sometime after I’ve finally moved in, I could relax while my batteries recharge from all the hard, arduous work. I could lie down on my new bed comfortably while napping.

I had sacrificed some of my stuff, including my food, but that wasn’t a huge problem. Even better, North York was an area full of great, or at least good, Asian restaurants. After I had unpacked my entire luggage, I made my way to Menami, a restaurant that I had meaning to go to for a long while, and now was the perfect opportunity. Luckily, it was only a ten-minute or so walk from the house. Also, while I was walking there, I found other interesting restaurants I could go to, as well as an H-Mart, which was less than ten minutes away by foot from the house. In an emergency, or any case, I can get to it fast.

The room is the basis of the lease, and entirely my responsibility, and not really the rest of the house. The room is not very big; not that much bigger than my room in my old apartment. But it has a desk, a plasma-screen TV, and a king-sized bed. My plan is to make the best out of not-the-best situations. That should give me something to think about while I’m getting adjusted to my new surroundings. For the house, I have to share the bathroom, the kitchen, the basement with the laundry machine, and everything else. If I had to go to the bathroom, cook; clean my laundry and/or anything else, I had to share and get used to everybody else that also inhabited the house. That’s not a huge issue. When I was done for the day, I finally lay myself on my new bed, in my new room, in my new place.

Also, see Chapters 50 and 52.

No comments:

Post a Comment