Saturday 24 March 2018

'Once Upon a Time in Canada' Chapter 37.

The first thing I did today was to prepare and have a filling brunch before I’d go off to work at 4pm. I went into the shower first to clean myself. My first priority is to get prepared and be work-ready. From there, I can get to work and do what I am obligated to do.

Work is normally mundane and exhausting at the same time, ‘encouraging’ people to take photos, taking their photos, editing their photos, printing their photos and selling their photos. The pressure is not tremendous, but nonetheless it’s there. I feel, without it, the workplace wouldn’t completely collapse or go to shit as my bitch-of-a-manager, Rhea, keeps telling us and making us think it would. I may not have been here long, but I believe I’ve got more than just a gist of the place. She’s just being a dictatorial bitch. I’ve had bad managers or bosses in the past, but never had I had a manager or boss like her so far.

After my shower, I had a filling brunch in omu-rice with kimchi and a nice, small bowl of hot miso soup. It’s cold and it’ll be a lot of work today, but I think I can make it after having a meal like that. Once I’m done, I’ll have to wash the dishes and get dressed. From there, I’ll make my way down and outside to get on my way to work.

I’m not too excited about any of that. I have a much bigger problem. Rhea is the manager on duty tonight. With that thought running through my head, all of my blood in my head started to boil. Also, even with the temperature now well below freezing, not even the cold can make my head cool down like that. Some of my co-workers, who I don’t mind, will be there. But that doesn’t really fix the problem or lessen it. I had gone through the shit Rhea throws at us with them. When Rhea throws shit as me, she throws shit at them for sure. Even when she doesn’t, the thought of working when she’s the manager on duty kills the glimmer of fun or hope when she’s not there. When she’s on duty, fun and hope is fucking extinct at CN Tower. So is the strength to do the best job I can. I’m not able to do what I need to do in my own way as long as she’s there.

I had it all planned out. My time at CN Tower would only last seven to ten months. That’s enough time for me to look and get a better job. But with a strong possibility, that plan could become history. The time I’ve been there so far hasn’t affected anything I’ve planned so far. I can’t say for sure how long my time there will actually last, until I find and get a better job. But I can estimate. But by the one year mark, I’ll be long gone.

Also, see Chapters 36 and 38.

No comments:

Post a Comment