Wednesday 13 December 2017

'Once Upon a Time in Canada' Chapter 30.

Now that I have a job, I don’t have as much time as I used to. So when I get the opportunity like I would get with my photography meetup, it’s an absolute relief to have something that will take my mind off of work. It’s awesome to spend time with friends, especially around Christmas time. I mostly spend my spare time with my photography group. I don’t really do anything else, other than watching movies in the theatre or at home. But I’m fine with that.










The next meetup: St. Lawrence Market! Just like the last meetup, it was freezing cold. Of course it was. What else would it be? But it was especially cold this time round since we were not shooting indoors. But with a mind concentrating on anything other than the cold, it’s not the worst feeling. I distracted myself with getting shots, and talking with both old and new members. One of them is new and is from Australia. Welcome, shit brother! But I mean it in that in the nicest way possible. Maybe. It’s exactly what you’d expect when a Kiwi and an Aussie come across each other. Thank God he wasn’t North Korean, I’ll leave it at that. I spoke to him for about fifteen minutes straight. Admittedly, we both got eventually occupied with getting our shots.












We trudged from St. Lawrence Market to Gooderham Building through the thick snow and icy concrete paths. Finally, we reached Berczy Park, where spent the most time. Once we got there, we had to be careful of trudging through the somewhat thick layer of snow on the small hills, which most people found it fun as we slid down them and made snow angels. Then we got some great imagery of the park in the snow, some akin to a scene from Blade Runner 2049. How cool is that?


In the end, we wrapped up, earlier than usual, for the night, and made our way across the street to Jack Astor’s. Why? Because it’s a Monday night, so most of us have the Monday blues, and almost all of us have work tomorrow. If my new job craps out, I’ll be looking elsewhere, which isn’t exactly the best idea. Then again, they do pay me, but it won’t be good enough for long. Why? Because making minimum wage won’t get you anywhere in the future, and there’s definitely plenty of better jobs out there waiting for me to seize the opportunity. It’s pretty early for me to say, I know. Hopefully, things will work out.

Also, see Chapters 29 and 31.

No comments:

Post a Comment