Sunday, 9 July 2017

'A Tree in Water: My Journey From Aotearoa to The Great White North' Chapter 4.

Today, I got my bank account set up with TD Canada Trust, and got the opportunity to hang out at the Distillery. Most of the work had been done the day before. But the bank was a task that couldn’t be accomplished then due to the fact that the day was ending and the fact that the Mins had to go back to North York. So I had to set it up myself, which wasn’t rocket science. When that was taken care of, I spent the rest of the day hanging out at the Distillery. I was amazed by the sight around me that I couldn’t stop taking photos non-stop. Of course, not all of the photos are shown here. I had to choose which ones could stay and which ended up on “the cutting room floor”. This is a process I have to go through almost every time; this is due to my perfectionist nature in which I want the best images possible. Anyways, I found the Distillery to be a fascinating place where old architecture met new architecture. My kind of place. A place where the finest restaurants and established were all in one convenient location. I found it to be an ideal place and I fell in love with it, and I swore right then and there that I would come here and try out every dining establishment during my stay at the bnb.
















Within a week, I’ve managed to get my surrounding area out of the way. This meant that I could go further out for the rest of my stay and explore the city. But this would be no easy tasks as I don’t know much and that I’ve got to watch myself. Hopefully after each week, I go further out and explore different regions of Toronto that I thought I would never see. But I shouldn’t get too ahead of myself. One step at a time. I plan to see all the major tourist attraction before I get a job. I don’t even mind that much if I walk to all these locations, if it saves me money for the big, fancy Summerlicious lunches and dinners that was going on until the end of July. It’s a season where most of the finest restaurants and establishments would serve five-star full course meals for very reasonable prices. In that regard, I came at the right time. Am I lucky or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment